Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.bookinia.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, open a host account, post material, edit your profile, book a stay, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number and if you are a user with accommodation to rent out (a host), bank account or PayPal details, or if you are a user who wishes to rent out accommodation (a Guest) and make a booking via our site, billing information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site or a booking.
2. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number or email address used to contact our customer service department.
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service.
3. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
These cookies are likely to be analytical/performance cookies or targeting cookies.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To contact you in relation to a listing, booking or proposed booking, including providing you with booking confirmation and updates.
- To provide you with the products and services you request.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To manage your account, including processing payments and refunds and providing notifications.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information, products or services we provide, which we feel may interest you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form or the booking page).
We may combine information from other sources with your information. We may use the combined information for the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate company and its subsidiaries,
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
1. Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
2. Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us or an advertising network to display advertisements to a specific target audience.
3. Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties including:
1. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
2. If Bookinia LLC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy & Cookies Policy are welcome and should be addressed to email@example.com